Monday, December 31, 2007

Your New Year's Resolution

Today is the last day of 2007 and a new year is getting ready to begin within the next 11 hours and 34 minutes from now. What will be your new years resolution and will you keep it? Will your new years resolution be to find a new job, get a raise in your current job, or go back to school to further your career? If it's not career related will it be health related such as quitting smoking or eating healthier? Maybe it's a spiritual or emotional change. Whatever your new years resolution will be you need to make a commitment to keep it. Some people say they are going to do things, but they never seem to actually accomplish the things they only "speak" of doing.

Make this new year the year of "Doing" or "Accomplishing". Work to actually achieve those goals you have written down. I used to always say I wanted to move to Florida and get a great job, etc. Year after year I remained in Ohio working dead end jobs, but when 2007 hit I made a commitment to make my dreams a reality. I saved all my money, took a trip to Florida this past June and got approved for an apartment. When October came I moved here and accomplished the first part of my goal. The next part was to find a great job that was something I could excel and grow in with opportunities to advance my career. I was determined to find a job; submitting probably 80 resumes in a 3-4 week period. I was looking for a clerical position, but was given a position that was absolutely perfect for me.

This is only a summary of what I did and it was difficult and even draining to accomplish, but I was determined and optimistic I was not going to give up despite the many setbacks, difficulty's, and even negative comments about my dreams I received. I believed I could make this happen and I did. I stayed positive and the perfect job was given to me. It wasn't what I was looking for, but it is what is perfect for me. I got something better than what I was searching for. Doing this made me a firm believer of the saying "You get what you work for".

This year use this type of will power and determination for whatever your new year resolution will be. You can meet and even exceed your goals whether it be a new job, a career advancement, career education, or something as small as losing 5 pounds. You can do it if you put your mind to it and believe that it will happen for you. Stay positive and believe me when I tell you that when you have positive energy good things will happen for you!

Happy Hunting Sarasota and have a wonderful New Year Celebration!

Samara Bowling

No comments: